The pledge of nonviolence written by Martin Luther King Jr., and signed by his marchers, 1963
- As you prepare to march meditate on the life and teachings of Jesus
- Remember the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation - not victory.
- Walk and talk in the manner of love; for God is love.
- Pray daily to be used by God that all men and women might be free.
- Sacrifice personal wishes that all might be free.
- Observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
- Perform regular service for others and the world.
- Refrain from violence of fist, tongue and heart.
- Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
- Follow the directions of the movement leaders and of the captains on demonstrations.
Print Name ______________________________