For some reason, I find it fitting that I should do my first ever true day log today. I guess it's because I'm finally happy for many, many reasons. I've been happy in many ways for quite some time, but I have finally found a job where I will not hate every fucking minute of every god damned day. I'm used to working in call centers, doing tech support for external customers. Now I'm actually working in an internal IS department supporting about 200 employees. This job is soooo much easier and soooo less stressful than being a phone slave expected to spend every second chained to a desk.

Now I finally have a job where I'm not completely drained of all energy by the end of the day. Believe it or not, talking on a phone constantly can be very tiring. It's like flipping burgers in your brain. I will never do that bullshit again. I hope. Of course, this is only the end of my first week, but by what I've experienced so far, this is going to be cool. I'm not getting paid that much, but I'm making enough to support myself and the woman I love. That's really all that matters, although I don't mind a little extra spending money...

I never got the significance of this 420 bullshit. Every explanation as to why it's associated with pot has been shown to be a lie or at least an exaggeration. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but Hitler was born on 4/20... I've never found that I need any particular excuse to smoke pot. It's one of my favorite activities, and I can say that proudly and not give a fuck what anybody thinks, because every stinking human being is a hypocrite in some way or another, including myself. Damn, it's good to have some peace of mind. Being unemployed sucks. Being unemployed involuntarily for disciplinary reasons sucks even more. It's a long story, but it left me pretty depressed for about a month (not because I was in the wrong in any way, I just have a tendency to obsess about things until I want to explode into a firey rage of annihilation), and now I'm fucking thrilled to all motherfucking cocksucking hell that I got fired, because this is 100000 times better. Sorry for the excessive profanity, by the way, I just feel like being a potty-mouthed prick, this being a day log and all...

I lost my last job after developing a very bad relationship with the highermost supervisor. I pointed out his mistakes too regularly, and took his attempts to be "buddy buddy" with everyone as permission to speak freely...never assume. I was actually fired because he heard me on the phone saying something inappropriate, after hanging up with a customer. To be honest, I don't know what it was, but I did often say mean shit directly into my microphone hoping that he was listening. I made fun of his name...I said "I hate this fucking job..." I was a vulgar bastard, but never to any customers or any employees who didn't want to experience such things. I was asking for it, but too chicken-shit to quit and unemploy my damn self. All I needed was one more IT job to plop on my resume, where I wasn't actually FIRED. It looks a lot better that way. Happiness rules. Most of my depression came from the fact that I know every job interviewer is going to ask why I left my last job, especially when I was there just under a year. My first interview was with Priority One Safety (I wanted to "try something different"). It turned out to be a total fucking hoax, see the node. I was so happy at first, because during the "interview" she never asked what happened with my last job. My second interview was with this company. I dreaded the inevitable. I rehearsed my explanation many times. I had it down. My current supervisor asked what happened, and I explained...and he responded in kind: "I know what that's like. In a call center, it's like FUCK THIS, FUCK THAT, AND FUCK YOU." A feeling of relief washed over me, and I was instantly so relaxed that I did the best damned interview of my life. He's more profane than I am. It almost makes me blush. He says "motherfucker" in a hilarious way. Being able to node at work is great.

Just watch...now I'll get creamed on the highway on my way home...