yield: approx. 5 dozen
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
3 tbsp butter
3 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp shortening
1. In the bowl of a mixer, combine confectioner's sugar, butter, peppermint extract and vanilla extract.
2. Add milk slowly and mix well.
3. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat sheet, waxed paper or parchment paper.
4. Chill 20 minutes in fridge.
5. Remove from fridge and flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with the bottom of a glass.
6. In a double boiler melt together chocolate and shortening.
7. Dip patties in chocolate and return to cookie sheets with lining.
8. Freeze for 15 minutes to harden.