Noel Thomas David Gallagher, songwriter in Oasis, was born on May 29, 1967 in Burnage (Manchester, England) to Tommy and Peggy Gallagher. He has two brothers, one of them (Liam) you may have heard of. (Paul once gave an interview to a tabloid. Probably.)

He has very dark bushy eyebrows and a dark mop of hair, bearing an uncanny resemblance to Parker from Thunderbirds.

His musical career tenuously starts with the fact he was once a roadie for Inspiral Carpets.

In Oasis Noel is seen as the sensible one of the Gallagher bros (in the sense that Butthead is more sensible than Beavis).

Although with Oasis he writes traditional Rock 'n' Roll songs, he has sung with electronic geniuses The Chemical Brothers (on 'Setting Sun' and 'Let Forever Be') and remixed tracks by Beck and UNKLE. He has joined bands such as Travis, Ocean Colour Scene and Cornershop live on stage.

He supports City not United. He's left handed, but plays right handed. His favourite creation is 'The Masterplan'. He was a heavy user of cocaine after recording Morning Glory and throughout the recording of Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants. He is straight now. Whether the lack of nose candy has improved things is a matter of opinion.

He settled down and married Meg Matthews on February 14 1997 in the Little Chapel of The West in Las Vegas, before returning to the rock'n'roll lifestyle by divorcing her in January 2001, but not before having a baby girl 'Anais' on January 27, 2000.