The stone rhino is also probably the worst case of the model not even vaguely resembling the game characteristics...

It looks like a very much enlarged ed 209, or a reconfigured prometheus1, with a very long gun barrel for each arm, and an even larger one on top. There is also a pair of ports on each side of the torso. According to the datasheet, the arms are gauss rifles, the ports are ER large lasers, and the thing on top is a small pulse laser. Really. This leads me to believe that the expansion was originally supposed to have a gauss cannon, or some light artillery piece, but FASA, for some reason didn't include it, and the stone rhino needed a refit...

The stone rhino appears in the mechwarrior II expansion ghost bear's legacy, where it behaves just like any 100 tom 'mech2, except that with its unusually large length and width, it is completely incapable of completing the final mission, as it can't fit through the hole in the bottom of the space craft. damn.

1 - I don't know which came first, metal warriors or battletech: 3055... The resemblance is pretty striking...

2 - because activision have no imagination, and absolutely any parts can be stuck in any 'mech, up to the weight limit, with no incentive to take any of the standard configurations... The stone rhino isn't even an omnimech, FFS! Altering the weapons fit, fluff-wise, is supposed to require some serious welding...