Clinic power was out from just before 8 am until 10:15, to move the house that arrived by barge yesterday. Luckily we have paper file backups, though not of every note. We'd planned to print out the most recent note on each patient before morning but both forgot: my glasses broke at the temple in the morning and I had to roar off the three blocks to the eye doctor's to get an emergency fix. Couldn't see, couldn't tape it and was getting an instant headache trying to keep my glasses on with one ear piece.

I also have a prescription pad, for the days when the computer isn't or the power isn't. That was handy this morning.

We are now going to buy a lantern for the bathroom which has no windows. I had a flashlight in my car. We got by.

The power is back up....

____________________

Eye doc this pm, been 2.5 years, I am stupidly near sighted and just spent nearly 1K on glasses and the exam. Oh, and guess whose eyes dilate furthest and longest? Blue eyed females. Moi. My peripheral vision is so weird dilated that I have a "tigers are attacking me" sympathetic nervous system response. Adrenalin....I have almost no iris right now: looks like I've been in the opium den for a week or two.....My pupils are big as platters, just like the dogs in the fairy tale*...

....well, it could be worse. I could be blind or dead or trying to escape Syria in a boat or all sorts of other things....

....I wish the tigers and Trumps would quit stalking my peripheral vision....

*The Tinder Box by Hans Christian Andersen. That is the sort of useful self-education my brain stores. Not HTML.