I went to the Centrum Blues Fest concert at 1:30 yesterday and danced my ass off. Almost no one danced. Don't know why. Uptight folk, I guess. Or so seriously musician they just had to watch the guitarists' and pianists' hands every moment.

Yesterday am there were four tomatoes and a bouquet of sunflowers on my front stoop. I would like to fantasize about a secret admirer but I just can't do a wet on for that. Someone asked if I wanted garden produce and I can't remember who.....so friend/patient.... small enough town that overlaps. But anyone that can produce full size ripe tomatoes in the Pacific Northwest is a brilliant gardener or has a greenhouse. Many thanks secret garden friend.

The sunflowers were wilted and still are in water. I think they were on the porch all night. They look very Van Goghish.

My son came with me to the concert. He asked why more of the people playing weren't black. I said, dunno, I counted how many women were teaching (six) but didn't count the black to other ratio. Daryl Davis, who played at my wedding a good while ago, was teaching again this year but I didn't see him. I hear he's doing a new edition of his book. Get it.

I bought music at the Blues Fest, only ones with women this year. I'm in a mood. I'm listening to Lauren Sheehan right now.

Last year I did the gospel track at the Blues Fest but work has been too busy this year. My receptionist's last day was Friday. The new one is still learning. It's just complicated. July was just chaos with her learning and new computers and the program updating and snafus all over. I slept 10-12 hours every night. Hope August will be slightly less crazy. Tends to be the slow time as everyone runs around doing summer things then come in sick as snot in September.....