Ok, just added to yesterday's log for about 30 min. Turned in to essay about the state of medicine. Posted the 18 Patient Blues.

Cogitating how to Handle Future Ex-Partners for now. ACOA head down pleasant stone face and counter all questions with, "Sorry, I'm distracted about a patient." or "Oh, excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." Bummer, they aren't going to get to hear our demo CD because they have forfeited rights to any personal information at the present time. If they ask for meeting will say willing to meet in a month, at 4:40, not at lunch, and you'll have to get the COO's permission because that is Highly Irregular. So I'm letting Red Paw have a go.

I am a little bummed though. I was feeling so solidly comfortable being myself at work. Nope, turns out not welcome and too scarey. Oh, well. I'm still comfortable at work, with the nurses, the front desk people, the patients and at 6 am when there is no one to bother me.

Don't really feel like working on those charts this am. Think I'll go home. So there.


Suvived clinic. Zebra today was very complex obstetric patient whose 20 min visit took 50 min. I like my patients. Had fun dressing for clinic. Wore new dress, a creamy yellow orange hemp that the label said was "goddess style". I am thinking more hand-maiden, honestly. Not wise to incarnate a god or goddess. Gathers at shoulders. I did careful but quick make up to slightly exagerate fatigued eyes and then put a little more purple and a bit more highlight on the bags under my eyes. Refused to talk to my future ex-partners at all except for two clinical problems. Polite, just said I didn't want to talk today. Nurses and front dest peoples (all female, like me) were all wearing Easter hats or made-on-the-spot Easter rabbit ear paper headdresses. I put on my devil horns that I'd brought, but they agreed might be a bit much for patients. They made me bunny ears and I wore them all day in clinic. Went to to Unitarian Good Friday Service. Very intense about grief. Appropos stuff for me right now. Ran around then got mail, talked to boat guys and gave them the earnest money and signed contract and then went back to work. Kinda didn't eat again. Well, will have big dinner. The pushing to see more people and continuously working in clinic flat out as fast as I can makes me tense and not want to eat. I've NEVER been anorexic though in residency I used to sleep if choice was food or sleep. Goal for weekend: would like to get ALL the charts caught up which means realistically I can plow through 1/3. Oh, well. So it goes.