In my previous logs, I have discussed topics such as:
Nose to the grindstone:
Owners of edited WUs get a /msg informing them of the edit. Very minor stuff isn't listed here - this is for more extensive edits. Also, if I thought a WU was good enough to merit the effort involved in an extensive edit, it probably is worth a visit - so this list is a good guide to miscellaneous interesting WUs.
- buck futter by Quill (December 8, 2002) - "I think we can do without this..."
- Ice Age by 00100 (December 8, 2002) - Nuked by request
- $Texas by GS_Threeve (December 8, 2002) - We're all better off...
- Armenian Genocide by mirko (December 8, 2002) - "I think you may want to spend more effort on your writeups than you obviously spent on this one."
- Loreena McKennitt by randyscott (December 10, 2002) - "We don't usually allow writeups which are nothing but adverts for offsite resources. It's okay to mention it in passing, but not if that is the substance of your WU."
- 4am by hamster bong (December 13, 2002) - Superceded.
- f00 by WarMachine (December 18, 2002) - This WU was not terribly necessary, to say the least.
- eskrima by udodan (December 18, 2002) - "Not good enough. Not only is escrima older than you claim (ask Vasco da Gama's ghost), your writeup is also too weak to stand."
- How many atoms of Jesus do you eat every day? by Azure Monk (December 22, 2002) - Writeup nuked as part of a thorough clean-up of a GTKY node.
- How many atoms of Jesus do you eat every day? by AABS (December 22, 2002) - Writeup nuked as part of a thorough clean-up of a GTKY node.
- How many atoms of Jesus do you eat every day? by blaaf (December 22, 2002) - Writeup nuked as part of a thorough clean-up of a GTKY node.
- The Two Towers by alundin (December 22, 2002) - Dropped below the information horizon.
- tagett by theshunt (December 25, 2002) - "We generally discourage this sort of thing. If you'd care to think about it, you'd probably realise why."
- Don't be happy, worry. by futurebird (December 26, 2002) - "I look in my crystal ball, and I see a great future for you as a marketing consultant for the pharmaceutical companies."
- Dillons by OverlordQ (December 29, 2002) - "This sort of unnuanced, simplistic 'We hates them forever' is not what we're looking for."
- power nap by moJoe (December 29, 2002) - "I'm sorry to have to say that this is a very weak writeup, essentially just a curmudgeonly response to another WU."
- Why Linux Sucks by hobbs (December 30, 2002) - "This is not sufficiently contributory."
- Why Linux Sucks by Ramius (December 30, 2002) - Same reason given.
- Editor cooled
As is my self-imposed rule, I shall try to restrict myself to 3 ed-cools a month
- Periodic Table of the Elements (December 17, 2002) - A thoroughly brilliant node, filled with node-a-licious goodness. From a "travel guide to the elements", noded by ModernAngel; to bozon's and non-buzzard's WUs on the development of the periodic table, and the naming of the elements; to rfc1394's very elegantly linked reproduction of the periodic table itself; to the decorative curlicue by themusic, "Why not patent the the periodic table?". All top-notch writeups, in a top-notch node.
- Behold! I am a muppet psychic (December 29, 2002) - For the life of me, I really cannot explain to you why I find this node so captivating. Yet I do. Golem's newfound psychic power, and dannye's sympathetic advice about its implications - these words echo in my soul, like pizza and beer rumbling in my belly.