A song by Pixies, released on Complete 'B' Sides, and the UK single Velouria (same recording). It's also on a couple of bootlegs, including The B-Side File 3rd Edition.

Written by Black Francis, with vocals by David Lovering, drummer and backup vocalist. The topic is Lovering's obsession with Debbie Gibson, which the rest of the band found continually amusing.

Engineered by Alistair Cray, produced by Gil Norton, mixing engineered by Steve Haigler.

The sound quality is unsurprisingly higher on Velouria and Complete 'B' Sides' than on the bootleg copies. Lovering's voice sounds significantly better on the official releases as well, more confident.

It's weaker than their other work. This may be partly the length of the song (just under two minutes), or that Lovering doesn't sing often, or because their other work is so amazing. It's okay. It's just not as amazing as their other stuff. The sound overall is more relaxed, matching Lovering's voice rather than Black's or Deal's, both of whom are higher energy singers. Lovering's range is lower, and his voice is less sharp. This is not to say that the song is bad, but more that it's not a good place to start listening to Pixies and may be more of a song for fans than for the casual listener.

I've been lost
Since she's gone
The piano
She's really on
I don't want you to
Marry me
Make believe
You're debbie g
Come look down on
Who you are
She is love
With a voice
And a shape that's my guitar
I don't want you
You want me
Make believe
You're debbie g
Make believe you're debbie g
Make believe you're debbie g