I've been in a large number of arguments about this lately, so I would like to just take a second and set the record straight.

I'm in a sorority. No, I don't fit the stereotypical mold of "snotty rich bitch", but I'd like to let everyone know that we are NOT all like that. I'm a proud member of Alpha Chi Omega (Gamma Pi chapter) on the campus of the University of Tampa. Our sorority has maintained the highest GPA on campus, we have participated in scores of fund-raisers, and we're all about some positive attitudes. We don't live in a house. We don't go out and constantly get drunk. We aren't fucking every guy in sight. We're nice, caring people who support eachother and our fellow students. As for the actual make-up of our sorority, I have never seen such a diverse group of women. One of my sisters is permanently wheelchair bound, and she is one of the strongest, most positive people I have ever met. She's taught me a great many things about living life to my full potential, and to her I will always be thankful. We're all comfortable with our differences, and that of those around us.
Which brings me to my next point. I'm sure that there are sororities out there who fit the mold of "slut, snob, etc." But why do we have to view everyone as a typecast? Why do we have to make these generalizations? Just because they exist, it doesn't mean that EVERYONE is like that. The same goes for people in general. If we always ran around making broad generalizations like "all people who wear glasses are geeks", "if you're fat, you're ugly", and "if you're blonde, you're stupid", then we would live in a very close-minded society. If you insist on not liking someone, hate them for their personality, not for the fact that they are in a sorority, they have blonde hair, they're fat, they wear glasses, they're black, they're asian, they're female, they're male, etc. etc. From now on, I ask that everyone try to view people as what they are-- PEOPLE. Not for what they represent. Not for what you think you know about them.

Open your mind.