The last night of our performance...

As a final farewell, I invited everyone over to my apartment tonight for a cast party. Slight alcohol and crunchy snacks abounded... it was a very good ending to a play that was more than wonderful. Pardon me for being verbose, but I'd just like to say something about our cast-- we are amazing. Egos aside, we really are. We can all really act, we all remember our lines, our blocking, and most of all, we can find our light. We rock! This is the first cast I have ever worked with, so maybe I'm just new to this whole experience, but... I can't believe how well all of us bonded, and how well all of us were able to carry out our scenes under pressure. Anyway, as for our small cast party-- 20 people stuck in a space no bigger than a slightly oversized dorm-room... but it all worked out, and everyone loved me for opening my house up, etc, etc, etc. As my final speech, I toasted everyone, and said: "I moved to Baltimore not knowing anyone... I had no friends, and the occasional outings I would go out on included false friendships and false goings-on; I was desperate to include myself in campus activity, and I was desperate to meet other people and get me out of my house. Finally, I saw a sheet of paper on the wall... it was a sign-up sheet for auditions for the spring play. I was sure I wouldn't make it, but for all intents and purposes, I tried out anyway. Yes, I only got a role of nine speaking lines, but I was a PART of this cast as much as the next person... and over time, I got out of my house every single night, and I came to be so busy with all you new people that I couldn't see straight. You guys are my friends.... you guys are the best (okay, the only) cast that I have worked with, and for that, I will be forever in debt. Thankyou for getting me out of my house, and giving me lasting friendships and memories that I will take to the grave...." I got a standing ovation from all that attended my very intimate party =). I will miss all of them, but I know that with all that we've been through, there is nothing between us and greatness, and we will always remain friends for life. Even if Lauren did forget her picture of the turtle!!!