Like when a 13th century vampire shows up in manhattan and has no exposure to the real, modern world until hither. Or when Li'l Johnny bakes Principle Jinkins some brownies, and accidently adds some pot from his older brother's stash. Or like when Thomas Jefferson is transported into the future by Jerry's time machine, only it isn't set up right, and poor Thomas's brain gets switched with Jerry's.

As a rule, craziness ensues when one leasts expects it; it cannot be prevented or even predicted. It is a mad, chaotic thing that creeps up on a man from around the corner while a guy is just trying to sit around and drink a coke.

In the world of movies, books, and other forms of entertainment, craziness tends to happen when some kind of cute, funny, or otherwise lovable protagonist is catapulted into a situation he, she, or they have no control over, and that, folks, is entertainment.

craziness ensuing in this manner has a long tradition; the first example that springs to mind is Odysseus of The Illiad and The Odyssey fame. It happened again to Virgil's Ulysses (who, to be fair, was essentially a Roman Odysseus). In more recent years, craziness ensued when lovable Alice pursued a white rabbit down a rabbit hole in Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Arthur Dent experienced some major craziness when it ensued in the now classic Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In much more recent times, Tristran Thorn met up with a similar sort of thing in Neil Gaiman's Stardust. This sort of thing, you see, is a staple of fiction as we know it.