I have found that a madeira wine sauce goes quite nicely with veal scallopine. However, being a poor college, I tend to make it with cutlets of pork loin.
- 2 Medium Sized Pork Chops
- 2 tblsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- Salt, Pepper
- Madeira Sauce, below
Ingredients for Justin's Rockin' Madeira Sauce
- First, take a meat mallot and pound your pork chops out to a thickness of somewhere between 1/4" and 1/8".
- Next, melt butter slowly in a large pan.
- Use the salt and pepper to season the flour. Dredge the thinned pork cutlets lightly in flour, shaking off excess; fry these in the butter until just cooked through. Remove to a heated plate, and reserve browned bits in pan for use in making Madeira Sauce.
- Melt the butter slowly in a medium saucepan.
- Add Shallot and Garlic; cook over medium heat until shallot is translucent and garlic is golden.
- Add Crimini Mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add Madeira Wine and Veal Stock, reduce by 3/4 over high heat.
- Add Heavy Cream; cook over medium low heat. Stir constantly until thickened (~5 minutes.)