I don't drive, I'm the navigator to my father.

My father has a degree in automobile engineering, does some racing, has a crapload of driving experience and reflexes faster than Michael Schumacher. This is not an excuse, just a relevant piece of information.

So, one day, he bought almost new Audi A8 from some oil tycoon. I think it's only a self-imposed policy of the car manufacturers but most cars that are capable of going real fast have some electronic thingamajig implanted that doesn't permit speeds exceeding 250 kph. One needs to get a special edition or good mechanic to go without. Said Audi didn't have this limiting thingy.

At around the same time, a new highway was opened and we happened to go in that general direction. On our way back, the brand new highway was totally empty as people hadn't changed their autopilots in the two days. Around 2 am, my father decided to give it a try. Several minutes later, we got pulled over.

The officer came to the window saying:
"Sir, gasp, you have exceeded the maximum permitted speed by 157 kph. Gasp."
"I'm aware of my transgression, officer," my father responded, "and I request a stern talking as a punishment."

The cops equipped with real fast cars to hunt for people speeding real much are renowned not to be total idiots. The officer also showed quite a bit of sense of humor, so rarely seen in law enforcement. While checking the car papers, he remarked that it's indeed hard to resist trying such an engine a week after getting such a car, and asked my father whether he can have a look under the hood. Father got out, opened the hood and started discussing technical details with the officer. Then they passed to the police car and stared inspecting its engine (It was some special version of Ford Mondeo).
After twenty minutes of friendly chat on engines, gasoline and various technicalities, the officer shrugged, saying that their equipment already recorded a speeding event and that they can't delete it from The System so alas, father needs to be fined. I don't remember what the maximum fines were but it was along the lines of tens of thousands CZK, withholding the license for live and shooting one on the spot. Or some such. Dad got away with paying 500 czk, a minimum fine applied for minor speeding, stern talking to and a friendly handshake.

This incident must not be mentioned in presence of my mother.