Micro Machines were a toy line released by Galoob sometime in the mid eighties. Initially, they were tiny models of cars. They eventually expanded their line to include airplanes and boats. Galoob released playsets for the tiny vehicles, such as the Micro Machines Aircraft Carrier.

During the time of Desert Storm, Galoob began creating specific series within their toy line. One of the first such series was the "military" series, which featured many modern American military vehicles (such as the General Dynamics M1A1 Abrams tank and the Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog tank busting attack plane). The line was also unique because they created tiny soldier figures and playsets for their vehicles.

Some time in 1993 to 1994, Galoob began to release more specialized vehicles. Some of these series included Star Wars and Star Trek vehicles. These two lines grew to include many vehicles, and in the case of Star Wars, many playsets and figures.

Galoob continued to produce the regular small cars in addition to many specialized lines. They were purchased by Hasbro in late 1998.

These toys offered hours of enjoyment to many of us growing up. The Star Wars and Star Trek models have become very collectible.