A fairly easy mid-level area of Ancient Domains of Mystery. Basically, if you are level 18-ish, have confusion resistance, and can make bridges, you should check this place out to gain some exp and an important artifact: the Ring of the High Kings.

The ToTHKs is found in the extreme northwest of the wilderness; you need a climbing set to reach it and to leave the mountained-off area. There are guaranteed climbing sets in the Pyramid and in the Caverns of Chaos.

The tomb is six levels long: two regular floors, three cavernous levels, and the actual tomb level. The cavernous levels are decent experience if you need to gain a level or two, but otherwise aren't especially interesting.

Tomb Floor

-------------------------------------------------------------#####
----------------###############------------------------------#...#
-------##########.............#######------------------------#.@.#
----####............................#####--------------------#...#
--###...................................##----------------#####.##
--#.............============.............###--------------#.....#-
###.........===================............#--------------#.#####-
#.........=======================.........###-#######-----#.####--
#.........==========###===========..........###.....#-----#....#--
###.......==========#Z+===========..............###.#####-####.#--
-#.........=========###X==========..........#####-#.#...#----#.#--
-##..........==========X========...........##-----#.#.#.#----#.#--
--###...........=======X====...........#####------#...#.######.#--
----###.............................####----------#####........#--
------#####.....................#####-----------------##########--
----------#######################---------------------------------
No monsters are ever generated here, other than the skeletal king (Z) in the center. The tomb is no-teleport. The =s are the lake of blood. You do not want to step in the lake of blood ever: it happens to be filled with chaos piranhas that do 200+ damage per turn. Therefore you need to create a bridge somehow, either with ice (ice spell, wand of cold) or with the bridge building skill. The Xs on that map are the shortest possible path to the center island. Ice bridges will only carry your weight plus 2000s - fortunately you can just drop excess items off to the side and not worry about anything picking them up. The door on the island is always trapped.

The skeletal king is a very easy opponent. His confusion attacks are somewhat dangerous since becoming confused out on the middle of a bridge over the piranhas is certain death. Therefore confusion resistance is highly recommended. The piranhas have no effect on him, and he will waste no time in dashing out into the middle of the lake where you can't reach him with melee.

The Ring of the High Kings, which is the cosmic carrot of this dungeon, is inside the 1x1 room with the skeletal king. He doesn't even pick it up, which means as soon as he's out of the way, you can simply pick it up and leave. I usually take the time to kill him anyway, because I can.

The Ring of the High Kings gives you +2/+3 DV/PV plus resistance to fire, cold, shock, and poison. It's most important feature, however, is that it allows you to peacefully pass the Eternal Guardian just past the wall of flames. The EG is an extremely tough opponent who reappears instantly each time you kill him, wheras if you show him the Ring he will disappear forever and never bother you again.

Source: The ADOM Guidebook - http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html
i think i will take a break from adom now. right after i clear this floor.