Willing to trade mixtapes, CDs, sandwich recipes, books, drawings, coloring book pages, thoughts.
Here's the story of the name: From about 1996 til 2001, I spent a lot of time on Undernet. I couldn't find a nick I liked: Hollid, NPBBBS, NP3BS, NeilPB. None of them were good. In #phish, they were amused by all this nick-hopping. It became a sort of tradition that when addressing me, they would develop variations on the name Neil. Neilshire is one that sticks out in my memory. (The 'shire' is silent of course:) 1337-speak was tried: gn33l, kn33l. But everybody's (well, my) favorite was: Knile. So simple, it just works. Thus it became my IRC nick, and username for many things. On 7 Aug 1999, it became part of my AIM screen name(Knile87). This was right before the explosion of AIM's popularity among many of my schoolfriends & others of that ilk. Many people I knew from real life liked the idea of "Knile" and they started using it. Then I finally met a few people I knew from the Net, and they thought of me as Knile. It's to the point where I accept "Knile" as much as my given name and even encourage yall to use it.
I joined e2 in October 2000, or so it says. It seems I created knile and knile87 in rapid succession. There are lots of things about Fall 2000 that I'll never remember/understand. I used Knile87 until this summer, when I realized "Oh, that must be me with Knile. Huh." I half-explained it to some of the noders I met, but most just accepted the 87. Until August 11, 2002 when I took matters into my own hands, and asked ailie to do a little remodelling. And now here I am.
Noders I have smiled at (in the very rough order I met them):
- mmoin -- went to CTY with him
- Loser -- Knew on IRC, met at an IRC-related gathering.
- gopnubi -- we lived together sophomore year. During this time he became a noder.
- Chris Said -- Lived with gopnubi and me freshman year. Last I checked, the dork hasn't noded anything.
- 8LDJ/stray dog -- he looks like Jesus, so they say
- eviltemptress -- goes to board meetings with me. is amused by my eXistence
- cerulean -- i once asked her to bear my children. she didn't respond.
- murphy -- i met him in the library because i pissed off our mutual friend
- gs_threeve -- was in my cognition class. tends to remove his hair drastically.
- qeyser -- i don't remember meeting him.. he's just always been there..
- lyric -- found out he was a noder in my friends' kitchen
- czeano -- met him on e2 before IRL, but I had heard the legends...
- DrummerGrrl -- met at Kinetic Sculpture race meet
- Brian_feldman -- met at Kinetic Sculpture race meet
- jurph -- met at Mental Notes concert
- birdlace -- met at Mental Notes party, after which I sleepwalked. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
- In Sparta: ailie, cahla, thefez, briiiiian, cowofdoom, chihuahua grub, karma debt, segnbora-t, accipiter, cbustapeck, void_ptr, ccunning, tandex, witchiepoo, jethro bodine, spackle, phyllis stein, walter, disgruntledwren, becca, zaph, modernangel, zot-fot-piq, wonkodsane, radlab0, chiisuta, grundoon, imp/buddha, jessicapierce, ninjapenguin, gamaliel, dann, zophos, karmaflux, BAR mat_catastrophe, panamaus, brassmule, mitzi, bitca, the devil Did I leave you out? I'm sorry... There were lots of names and lots of Harpoon bottles to keep track of. Thank you.
- At Alissa's one night: gorgonzola, kensey, somebody else?
- mindvague -- through a mutual best friend
- At e2hons Trivia Night @ Wharf Rat Pub, Fells Point, Baltimore, Maryland -- tetrisboy, driftwood
- At tetrisboy's going-away party: CzarKhan, evadyne
- apraetor showed up in my apartment as a more-or-less random friend of a friend, then I found out he was a noder.
<spackle> pitcher: I was really just too lazy to learn to walk. I had better things to do.
The world is filled with beauty. The only thing you need to do each day is go out and find something precious that you have never seen before.
50 XP September 14, 2002
My second e2 birthday came and went without fanfare. And so it goes.
100 XP May 12, 2002 Thanks to wordnerd for the idea/XP:)
Stuff to node
- Genome Database
- Wada technique
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins the men
- University of Rochester
- Witness Theater
- how to visit a college or university (Got thoughts? /msg me to contribute)
- the human feces under my bed
- polk audio
- my experience with Ohio Bob
- Rocky Run
- John Astin
- play within a play
- Captive Audience by David Ives
- Hidden In This Picture by Aaron Sorkin
- Beat It On Down The Line
- various madrigals, etc.
- Music For Nitrous Oxide
- Plastic Fantastic Lover
- Barrel Fever
- another day without starvation
- Corning, New York (to replace Corning)
- Sunday night bath
- Dance like it hurts
- Toys, the Robin Williams movie
- Music for Chameleons
- swedish meatballs
- something about Jeff, Russ....