Class AAA farm team of the San Diego Padres, in Portland, OR. The Beavers play their home games in PGE Park. They compete in the Western Division of the Pacific Coast League.

Originally the Portland Giants, the first Portland minor-league team was established in 1903 but did not become an affiliate of Major League Baseball until 1961. In 1961 they were affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals. In 1962 and 1963 they were a farm team of the Kansas City Athletics. For the next four years, they were affiliated with the Cleveland Indians before becoming a Milwaukee Brewers team for one year in 1970. After another one year stint with Minnesota, they became a Cleveland team again for two more years. From 1979 to 1982 they played for the Pittsburgh Pirates, switching to the Philadelphia Phillies for another four years after that. In 1987 they became affiliated with the Minnesota Twins once again, where they would stay until the team moved to Salt Lake City in 1994.

In 2000, a new Padres affiliate was moved into PGE Park. The current team was started in 1903 in Los Angeles, where they played until 1957. The team was moved to Spokane, WA in 1958. They were a Spokane team for 13 years. In 1972 they became the Albuquerque Dukes, a Dodgers affiliate. The team stayed in Albuquerque for 28 years before moving to Portland.

Boxscores, Beavers news, and ticket buying information can be found at www.portlandbeavers.com. Games are broadcast on Extreme Talk 970 (KUFO-AM). Web broadcasts can be heard at http://www.oregonlive.com/pbeavers/