Long day.

I woke up at 5am, washed my hair, was done getting ready by six. Sat around for another hour, got some forgotten homework finished. Seems like I forget all my homework these days. Senioritis. Oops.

First hour was A.P. Art. We just worked on figure drawing, which is always fun. The kids posing for us were from the special education department, so they weren't too good at keeping still. But we weren't doing much detail, just sketching, so that wasn't a big deal.

A.P. Stats. Had a rather large and important test on chapter two. I was the second person finished, right after Thadeus Wilson. He's valedictorian of our class, and a varsity golf player. I asked him why there were no two irons. He laughed.

Left school at eleven and went home. Grandma was in the kitchen standing by the microwave, waiting for water to boil. I talked to Aaron a bit, and then went to my flute lesson with Pollee. We have auditions for chairs tomorrow, and I'm aiming for first in symphony band. I was only second last year, and pretty disapointed. The chick who was first was a real bitch to me, always pointing out every mistake and saying I was out of tune. I tried my best to ignore her though. She was schizophrenic.

Made it back to school in time for seventh hour. We never do anyhting worthwhile in that class, but I love the teacher. Mr. Knoll is the shit. He raps out directions and has a million catch phrases. He also approves of my writing style, which tends to lean towards the incredibly unbelievable to completely insane. I just can't write seriously in that class.

Went to Hope after school got out. I was supposed to have a meeting with the student teacher, Sandrine, but she never showed up. I left around ten after three and went home to take a nap.

My dad woke me up to say he needed me to drive grandma to Ruby Tuesdays so she could meet my mom there for dinner. I said I had to go to my NAHS meeting at seven and had to leave right then. He said "oh, that's fine," but in a way which made me feel like the scum of the earth for not doing such a simple favor. I wonder how parents manage to put such menaning behind such common words. But I really couldn't have taken her and made it to the meeting on time. I hope dad understood that.

And now I am home. I had some pizza rolls and some boston cream pie for dinner. My art teacher told me to eat more fat so I wouldn't complain about being cold so often. She's one to talk - Mrs. Propst is the size of half a toothpick. But I told her I would, so I did. Simple as that.

I would really love to go to bed, but that's not going to happen for quite a while yet. Gotta get my french homework done (chapitre deux - Un Papillon dans la Cité) for tomorrow. And I need to practice the audition piece. Mom and dad will be disappointed if I don't get first. Too many expectations from too many people. Sometimes I just want to scream "fuck it" at the top of my lungs, and do what makes me happy instead of what needs to be done in order to get into college and prepare for my future. Don't we ever get to live for the present?