Irony-
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Satire-
1. a. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
b. The branch of literature constituting such works.
2.Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Vernacular-
1.The standard native language of a country or locality.
2.The everyday language spoken by a people as distinguished from the literary language.

Sentimentalism-
1. A predilection for the sentimental.
2.An idea or expression marked by excessive sentiment.

Romanticism-
1. An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Europe in the late 18th century and characterized by a heightened interest in nature, emphasis on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination, departure from the attitudes and forms of classicism, and rebellion against established social rules and conventions.
2.Romantic quality or spirit in thought, expression, or action.

Realism-
1.An inclination toward literal truth and pragmatism.
2.The representation in art or literature of objects, actions, or social conditions as they actually are, without idealization or presentation in abstract form.
3.Philosophy.
a.The scholastic doctrine, opposed to nominalism, that universals exist independently of their being thought.
b.The modern philosophical doctrine, opposed to idealism, that physical objects exist independently of their being perceived.

Parody-
1. a. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.
b.The genre of literature comprising such works.
2.Something so bad as to be equivalent to intentional mockery; a travesty.

Symbolism-
1.The practice of representing things by means of symbols or of attributing symbolic meanings or significance to objects, events, or relationships.
2.A system of symbols or representations.
3.A symbolic meaning or representation.
4.Revelation or suggestion of intangible conditions or truths by artistic invention.

Theme-
1. A topic of discourse or discussion.
2. A subject of artistic representation.
3. An implicit or recurrent idea.
4. A short composition assigned to a student as a writing exercise.

Climax-
The point of greatest intensity or force in an ascending series or progression; a culmination.