A drink at Austin Grill, a tex-mex restaurant in the Washington D.C. metro area. It is described as "The frozen flag of Texas."
It is a red, white, and blue margarita made with Strawberry and Lime frozen margaritas topped with Blue Curacao.
This drink can easily be made at home, it would make an excellent addition to a Fourth of July party.
- 1 can frozen strawberry daiquiri mixer
- 1 can frozen margarita mixer
- Blue Curacao
- Following the directions on the package, mix up the strawberry portion using tequila instead of rum. Pour even amounts into 4 glasses. Cylindrically shaped glasses, will give you the best effect.
- Following the directions on the package, mix up the lime portion and gently pour over the strawberry portion creating a layered effect.
- Add a shot of blue curacao to top off your Stars and Bars margarita. Garnish with lime or even a sparkler if your feeling festive.