I dreamt I was in a large aquatic centre. High ceilings. A large sports pool of at least 50 metres length was in one hall. I was swimming length after length.

Suddenly I wasn't alone any more. A child was with me. Maybe 5 or 6 years old. I don't know. I can't describe it. I'm pretty sure it was a girl, but couldn't swear on it.

We swam together for a while. Even though she knew how to swim, I carried her on my back for a while, or then again, I swam on my back and she lay on my belly.

After a while she wanted me to show her how to dive. How to dive down down down, to the bottom of the pool. I remember thinking how weird it was to have an 8 metres deep pool. They're usually 3 to 4 metres deep. And I wondered if even I could dive that deep down.

We went to the side of the pool, near one of the ladders. First I went down there on my own. I was amazed at how easy it was. I could almost breathe down there, but I was aware that all I was really doing was recycling the air I'd brought from above. Finally I reached the bottom, set my feet on the ground and pushed myself up.

This time the child and I would dive together. There was a man "supervising" us. He felt like an intruder, or a secret agent.

I'd never seen the child before in my life, yet I felt very close to her. Now that I'm awake, she reminds me a lot of the Little Prince. She knew about me and my feelings, yet I had to teach her the worldly things such as diving to the ground of that pool.

The man tried to protest, something about her being too young to learn how to dive, and then when he saw that we couldn't be stopped, he just watched.

We dove, deeper and deeper; the child was doing amazingly well. I let go of her after a while because she was getting the hang of it. Again I touched the ground and propelled myself to the surface. The child didn't make it to the ground, but she wasn't unhappy about it. She knew the trick now and could practice.

We parted, though I can't remember how. Maybe the secret agent took care of her.

I wandered into the adjacent hall. It was as huge as the one I'd come from. There was a diving pool about which signs informed me that it was closed; yet there was a man somersaulting into it just when I entered the hall. He hit the water nicely. There was very little spray. I don't remember if he left the pool or if he just disappeared after that. When I looked again, the pool was clear and empty, the water undisturbed, the surrounding tiles - dry.

I turned around, there was another pool. It said library. It was an underwater library. I could see bookshelf after bookshelf under water, and comfy chairs. The books were laminated, so you could read them under water. Unfortunately it was closed...

The whole aquatic centre had a very after hours atmosphere. Disappointed I left the main halls and went to the above water library which was also located in the aquatic centre.

On my way there I awoke...