Daughter of professional wrestling promoter Vince McMahon and, as a result, WWF personality. Her on screen life began when she showed up to support her father while he was fueding with her brother and his son, Shane McMahon. Soon thereafter Stephanie was kidnapped by the Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness, in an apparent effort to gain revenge on Vince and Stone Cold Steve Austin. In the end, however, it was Vince who had the last laugh, when he revealed that he was the mastermind of the kidnapping, part of a long plan to destroy Austin. Stephanie was not happy with her father.

A few weeks later, Stephanie was video taped leaving a motel with Test; much to the chagrine of Shane McMahon and his Mean Street Posse, it was soon announced that Stepanie and Test were engaged to be married. Despite having differences with his sister previously, Shane declared his love for her and said that by going to great lengths to try to stop his sister from getting married to a "common wrestler," he was only doing his duty as an older brother. The fued between Test and Posse lasted until Test won a Guantlet Match, beating all five members in less than ten minutes, after which Shane stated that he no longer would stand in thier way, in fact, he started supporting Test, accepting him as a brother-in-law. So came the day of Test and Stephanie's marriage... and the day upon which Stephanie's heel turn began. She stood Test up at the alter, and revealed her new husband, Triple H. So began the McMahon-Helmsly Era/Regime.

(last updated 13 May 2000)