The first 50,000 copies of SimCopter have a very peculiar story behind them. The pre-Christmas shipment of it included an (in-house) hack that substitutes the sexy female Sims with strong male Sims in swimsuits. And it was done by programmer Jacques Servin, who is gay and thought that this would be a kind of a protest on how sexist games can be. After seeing his colleague create the sexy girls in distress, he thought "bimbos? Why not studs?". And on to the graphics editor he went!

After copying and altering some of the characters (so they'd look like men, although they looked more like drag queens, they were women with very thick arms and legs), Servin created a random-number generator to substitute the blonde bimbos with his Speedo-wearing muscular men every few months. But his idea didn't work out too well: the helpless "muscle boys in swim trunks" (in Servin's words) appeared more often than expected, namely on the final stages of the game and on specific dates (namely Friday 13th and September 30th, Servin's birthday). If you bumped into these character, you'd have to get your character to kiss them -- triggering that kissing noises a la The Sims -- to rescue them.

And who's managed to find such hack? None other than mister Will Wright, creator of the Sim universe... And it wasn't that expected to see those chippendales on the game kissing each other, gyrating their bodies lambada-style on tops of buildings and so on. Not on a helicopter rescue game...

... and so mr. Servin was fired from the company. Not because of his pro-GLAAD protest, but because of adding unauthorized content on the game. As Servin said on an interview to Wired, he was trying to make a point about how "heterosexual content is always implicit in games".