- / +

  • We had been driving forEVER and were finally in Chicago. If we'd been driving, why did we have to go find the car? Dad and I crossed the street toward the parking garage and I realized how exhausted I was. Dad was saying something about the convertible on the back of the tow truck but I didn't care.
  • The space station was run by such a cute man but he didn't have any interest in me. Maybe it was because I was Russian. Maybe he thought of me as just one of the boys. I checked myself in the mirror when I heard him opening the hull. My hair was sleek and short but it did kind of did make me look like a boy. He came into the room. "Do you know what I like best about you?"   I snorted. My boyish good looks?  He just kept talking.
  • I showed them all the stuff in the fridge.   Seriously. While I'm gone I want you to finish all this crap. It's good, my dad made it. There are peaches in the freezer. Seriously! I want this gone by the time I get home. I mean it! Just shove something in your mouth and CHEW!    He looked at me worriedly, then grinned. "Welcome to Texas."
  • She was beautiful. Why was she in my dorm room? We shared something but I don't know what it was.
  • Someone had given me a recipe for "Fred" and I wanted to try it at Thanksgiving, but there wasn't enough turkey left and I was out of vodka.