It was a long, but not terrible day at work which is probably not as bad as it sounds. I passed my test, so I am officially licensed to sell cars at one specific dealership in the state of Wisconsin. The woman behind the counter at the DMV was super nice, and that really helped. Despite studying for what I thought was more than a decent amount of time, I got six wrong, one because I didn't read the question carefully enough. The others were worded strangely, and some I honestly did not know, or got confused between two similar questions, but since all is well that ends well, I left feeling a lot of different things.

One was a large sense of relief. You can retake the exam after twenty-four hours so it's not that big of a deal if you fail, still, I was glad to have accomplished what I did the first time around. There's a bank of computers with ancient headphones you can wear if you would like to listen to what is being displayed on the screen. Sometimes this was helpful. It was also nice to hear the word; 'CORRECT', during the times when it was appropriate. It was also nice that they showed you the right answer after you got one wrong. The exam was $13.00, and while I was happy to have such a low fee, I wondered at how they could afford to keep the program running at those prices.

My boss wasn't in today which was a mixed blessing. I'm glad he had a much needed day off if he was actually off and not attending some training or some other something work related. He's coming back to a stack of work in his in-box, and I feel bad that one of those things is my rehe enquest for a reimbursal of my fee, but also know that should be a simple matter for him. At the event we had a drawing to win a vehicle for a weekend. Those were clipped together and sitting on his desk for him to go through. Obviously they are designed to generate leads, and I don't know why, but that kind of thing always gives me an uneasy feeling. I prefer to be straightforward about that type of thing. 

It was a lonely day, I wanted to be able to celebrate after passing my test, but it was back to my office for more studying. I had a couple of teary moments sometime before six when I was texting my middle sister, but I managed to pull myself through. One thing I am going to have to watch is how much I snack. Anxiety plus boredom is a terrible weight loss program. I did find a five minute Pilates video designed for the working person, and even though the woman demonstrating the moves was in amazing shape, it was a simple enough routine, and really helped, especially the side stretches, and head hanging.

Every day I am learning more, growing, becoming more familiar with the culture, routines, and expectations. I still feel as if the job is overall a good fit for me. One of the last videos I started was about winter tires, and if anyone needs some in depth product knowledge, I have several pages full of notes. Don't ask me why that kind of thing is so interesting to me, but I was ready to buy a winter car kit in the middle of June <insert shocked face emoji> that presentation was so effective. I will probably go back to that one again so I'm glad the training is always available to me. I love it when people are passionate about what they do, and can give logical reasons for customers to purchase products other than, we make money on this.

That's it for today, I need to find some way to release all of this after work energy and frustration.

Xoxo,

Jess

P.S. It's really nice to be able to get my car washed at work. I also found out that I get a discount on parts which I'm excited about. Cheers!

j