I've gotten back into the habit of writing daily. I don't always post my thoughts, some of them are too close to my heart for the eyes of others. The other day a friend of mine asked if I would be willing to help her out when a co-worker took off for the day. I agreed, and I had a lot of fun working with her yesterday. Before Jane goes to bed I run the shower so she can breathe in the warm steamy air. Previously we could do that for her, put her down, and she would sleep through the night before she woke up coughing the next morning. The past two nights I've woken up because I can hear her coughing. She's very weak which isn't surprising as her appetite hasn't been very good recently. I've been making her soup for breakfast, and I was gratified to hear that she had three servings of it yesterday even though a serving for her is probably two or three ounces, and she picks out the onions and zucchini.

I think I inadvertently offended a co-worker of mine last night. My boss left since she was promoted at her other job, but there hasn't been a clear definition of who does what now that she's no longer available. I thought sitting down to talk about the program and some of the challenges we're facing would help, I didn't think I was coming across in a manner that was anything other than communicative, but I could tell from the non-verbals and the questions that something was off. I haven't been sleeping well so possibly I didn't realize that my choice of words could have been better.

A couple weeks ago my sister and I were talking about lists. My mom makes them, and I love reading lists, but I rarely right things down. I value the list making skill, and I know that part of my problem is not having a clear outline of what needs to be done so I'm going to do some research, and learn how to make simple lists of the things that I want to get done. There's a huge difference between being organized, and having a plan. I've written about this before, but I write for myself, so you get a chance to read the things that are going through my mind.

Fiction has been really a fun way for me to get away from some of the every day stressors. I'm currently listening to Ella Fitzgerald, last night I listened to 'Love For Sale' before I went to bed last night. I'd rather not be one of those people who mourn the music of yesteryear, however I am so glad for the legacy musicians of the past have left for us to enjoy today. I've been collecting old pictures black and white pictures, I'm a very romantic and nostalgic person when it comes to the era where men wore suits, women wore gloves, and lovers danced to Rosemary Cloony songs.

Despite some of the frustrations, I'm still excited about my new company. I'm going to narrow my focus and find a niche for myself. I reached out to a hitting coach that I know. It may not be the right time to work with his company, he probably has reservations about working with an unknown, and I respect and understand that. I feel calm, drowsy, and relaxed. I need a routine, so I'm compiling the things I want to be doing daily, and I'm going to come up with one so stay tuned.

In the meantime, take care. It's cold here, but I've got love to keep me warm.

Jessica

 

Weekday Routine:

Set alarm, stretch in bed, drink hot water with lemon, journal, walk outside for 20 minutes, yoga, bath with brush, fruit for breakfast, steam vegetables for lunch and supper, prepare veggie plate, warm water before lunch, greens and root vegetables for lunch, nap if I need one, fiction writing, get ready for work, go to work, come home, eat supper, spend half an hour with the girls playing games, PM yoga, bed before 10:00.

Weekend Routine:

Meet friend for longer exercise outing. Go to the bank to get money for church and groceries, plan out of a menu with one flex meal per week, power cooking session to prepare for the rest of the week, rice, pasta, meats, veggies to prepare during the week. Clean house after cooking, do laundry while meals are being prepared, family outing after house is clean, stay up later on Saturday if I want to, no alarm on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Things to remember: It may take a while to get into this. There is no reason to be anxious about anything.

Things I need to work into my routine: Checking email, down time, an exercise schedule, time to run errands.