When we last left our heroine she was excited about her new job, but wondering what was in store for her first day. To combat some of her anxiety she went out and bought some new clothes. Today she went to two grocery stores and came home with food for the upcoming week. After going to church with her oldest daughter she drove to a grocery store that she really likes. To her dismay she saw a woman who created a very unpleasant work environment for her. She doesn't know if she was spotted on her way past the checkout lines, but pretty soon she was putting produce in her cart and paying for her daughter to breakfast on a slice of frittata that was being sold at the cafe. Instead of going straight home she went to another grocery store since she wanted to buy eggs where she could take advantage of her daughter's employee discount. This led to a longer than expected outing because she had a chat with two of the produce guys who were working hard.

After complimenting them on what a nice job that they did she was told to wait while she sorted through bags of lemons. Having been burned on a previous trip to a different store she wanted to make sure that none of the lemons in her bag were molding or soft. The tall dark haired man brought out a fresh box of lemons, she felt guilty about accepting a fresher bag because there wasn't anything wrong with the four bags that were out there, but the employee insisted she take a fresher bag. This made her really happy and led to a discussion about how fresh produce makes a difference. During this conversation she learned that this man feels as if her daughter is a hard and independent worker who takes initiative without being asked. Listening to The Power of Habit has been a game changer, but has also been overwhelming as she races to try and form keystone habits which don't happen overnight.

She would love to write more, but really needs to get some rest. First day at the new job tomorrow. Life is good, she is just too tired to enjoy it properly at the moment.

Xoxo,

J

P.S. I really need to learn to lie down and rest when I need it.

j