A solid and entertaining Atari 2600 game by Activision. You play a fast food cook, assembling burgers as requested. Action is fast even at the first level, and a second player vocally assisting is useful at higher levels.

At the bottom of the screen, a small box displays the ingredients customers asked for as checkmarks. Possibilities are a combination of any of the following: tomato, onion, lettuce, and cheese. The onion and cheese images are questionable, but I am fairly certain that these are the ingredients intended.

A column of boxes on the right side of the screen shoot these ingredients out at you. A conveyor belt on the right side of the screen delivers hamburgers on the bottom of a bun. Your job is to reject the unwanted ingredients that shoot out at you (since you can't drop them once you have caught them), catch the right ones, and place them on a burger. Once you have completed a burger correctly, the top of a bun will fly out. After adding this to your burger, it will leap into your hands, and you must deliver it into the correct one of three colored tubes on a second screen below the first. The correct color depends on which colored customer bar your were fulfilling.

The challenge comes with not accidentally catching the wrong ingredients, as you must then dump them onto a burger, which will eventually fall off the end of the conveyor if you do not attend to it in time. This will cost you points. Dropping the burger into the wrong tube, missing the tube, or even destroying the ingredients will also lose you points. At higher levels, many different ingredients are demanded, and game play accelerates (as in many Atari games) until it is unplayable. Still, I'd recommend this one, even if the idea of working in McDonald's doesn't appeal to you.

Date: 1983
Rarity:4 Scarce+ / R
Model number: AZ-032
Programmer: Gary Kitchen