20:49 GMT

I went to the gym this morning for my first physical training session. I have never been so exhausted in my life. After finishing, I felt so tired that I was actually sick. I had to sit down for about 10 minutes just to get my balance back and reduce my nausea. It was fun :) I don't feel much pain now, but I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. I did 10 minutes of walking and then about 20 minutes of weights and finally 15 minutes of stretches. I look forward to when I am able to do that without getting so tired.

After the gym I went back home and laid down on the couch to watch some TV for an hour. It was difficult to even drive home after that workout.

I went to the movie theatre perhaps to go watch Charlie's Angels, but the line was very long, so I decided to go walk around the local mall and then drive around for a bit just to be out of my apartment for a while. I guess I'm feeling bored but I don't really know what interesting things there are to do around here.


02:26 GMT

My arm muscles are really starting to hurt now. Moving my arms at all is painful. I probably won't be writing much here tonight :) I might just go back tomorrow to do some walking and that's probably it. Anyone have any recommendations for what to do to relieve sore muscle pain?

Hmm. It looks like I'm down to -1 now. That sucks. I've never had a negative daylog before.


02:59 GMT

I'm watching E.T. on TBS. I haven't seen this movie in a very long time. I think this is one of the movies that somehow inspired me to become a computer geek, strangely enough. When I was about 8 years old, I tried to build my own computer out of a speak-n-math and a bunch of other electronic equipment, and managed to short something out and catch the carpet on fire. My parents decided that it would be much safer to get me a computer than for me to try to build one, and I've been into computers ever since then. I think the movie E.T. was somehow the seed in all of this, so I could say that this movie had a huge effect on my life. And I haven't even seen it in years. I should probably at least buy it. :) I wonder if it's out on DVD.


04:12 GMT

I need a social hobby. I'm not sure what, but I need to be around more people. I don't chat with people online much, so I need to do something to help develop my social skills. I don't drink, so night clubs and bars are not my place to be. I figure that's where most people my age spend their weekends, but I'm not sure since I don't know too many people my age. I thought about looking around for a user group for something I'm interested in (like computers or astronomy). Maybe I should do that.

I guess my problem is that I'm not good at small talk. I avoid it because it always feels condecending to talk to people about simplistic things like the weather. I'm not much into sports so that major topic of conversation is always difficult for me to join in on. I don't really like talking about politics much, since I'm not good at debating. I'm not witty, so using a one-liner to edge my way into a conversation is out of the question.

It's not genetics. My dad can literally talk to *anyone* for hours. He can make a quick stop into a convenience store and strike up a conversation with the clerk at the counter for a half an hour, even though he never met the person before. He can even have a good conversation with someone who has totally different ideas and opinions from him (this includes one of his best friends). I don't know how he does it, but I know that I didn't inherit (genetically or environmentally) any social abilities from him. I wish I did, becuase sometimes it just sucks to want to say something to someone, but I just cant think of anything to say.


04:58 GMT

My primary computer has been up for 338 hours now, and since it's a Windows OS it's starting to crap out. My linux box currently says it's up 125 days. I accidently changed my desktop background, and now when I try to change it back it doesn't show any images. This is probably the longest uptime I have had, as I observed from my ADSL dial-up (PPPoE) connection statistics:

  • Connected at 1,024,000 bps (it's actually 1.5Mbit)
  • Duration: 338:09:23
  • Bytes received: 1,507,717,824
  • Bytes sent: 815,477,930

Ok, it's really starting to act strange now. Time to reboot. Bah.


07:38 GMT

Ok, now my arms are seriously starting to hurt from my workout this morning. This is really going to suck tomorrow.

Oh well, I sleep now.