This was my dad's birthday. I was going to get him something earlier in the week, and then mail it, but since I procrastinated until it was too late, now I must go deliver it in person.

This is also the weekend of the local computer show. I decided last night to upgrade to a 1Ghz Thunderbird, especially after doing my taxes and seeing that I'm getting more than enough back to cover the cost.

I went to the comptuer show at around noon, picked up an Asus A7V motherboard, 1000Mhz AMD chip, fan, and 256MB of PC133 SDRAM for about $500. Memory prices have really dropped again. The 256M was only $109.

I took all of this stuff home and then ate lunch real quick. I picked my dad up an optical mouse for a present and headed up to my parents house.

I found out that the computer he has doesn't have a USB or PS2 port. The current mouse he's using is a plain old serial mouse. I guess when I get the remaining parts from my old computer organized, I'll give it to him and then he can use the mouse :)

I just got everything put together and got my networking working minimally again (at least enough to do this writeup). I still have to get my linux box gatewayed back through this box. It's getting late, so I think I'll save that for tomorrow.