9:25am

I'm considering not going to the pool hall tonight. I don't know. I'd like to talk to TC about this to find out her perspective on the matter. Yesterday was a really bad day for me and I've pretty much accepted that if it's over, then that's that. At this point, I just want to know where I went wrong, so I don't repeat the mistake again in the future.

Oh well, time for work.


5:43pm

I talked to TC after work and got some information about what went wrong with me and Sara. Apparently, Sara isn't really interested in dating. I guess she must have considered our "date" as more of a friendly get-together, so I was wrong in assuming that.

I'm not going to the tuesday night pool hall gathering tonight just to have some time to let the information settle. TC is going to talk with CR tomorrow and make sure that's exactly the situation, but apparently it's at least something like that.

In a way, this makes me feel a little better. I'm not sure why I feel better, since I guess it's the nail in the coffin for the relationship, but at least it's some solid information instead of constant speculation. I guess it could have been for a worse reason, or perhaps maybe it is, and the reason I'm being given is to let me down easy. I don't know.

At least this excuse means that she didn't skip out on me to go out with this other guy, and if she is, then it should be fairly obvious soon.


11:33pm

Some things still leave me wondering though. Why was she excited that I asked her out? Why was she being so close to me the night I asked her out (all but sitting on my lap)? It seems to me like everything hit a brick wall all at once.

*sigh* I don't know. I may never know. It's time to do some emotional backstepping and move on.

On other issues, at work today I had a job that required a whole 15 minutes of my time, which I put off until the end of the day. I realized afterwards the additional benefit of procrastination in this case. If I had finished the task early in the day, the powers-that-be would have been interested in making further customizations. However, by putting it off until the deadline, it removed any possibility of further requests beyond the original specification. I will have to make note of this in the future.

Today I bought a parking sticker for parking on campus. The only problem with buying the parking sticker is that there wasn't anywhere to park without violating the rule that you needed a sticker to park somewhere. There were a few places where visitors could park (like 4 spaces in a 400-space parking lot), but those were all taken. I figured the odds were against me getting a ticket in the 10 minutes I was inside getting a sticker. However, the people there could be sadistic bastards and are looking out for people like me to make a few bucks.

Well, I have Japanese class tomorrow, and the first quiz. I'm going to go study a little, chat on #everything, and then go to sleep.