user since
Mon Feb 24 2003 at 02:29:16 (21.2 years ago )
last seen
Sat Jun 28 2003 at 20:54:54 (20.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View jaberwocky's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 6
mission drive within everything
adding related discoveries
specialties
cooking, mathematics
school/company
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
motto
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me.
most recent writeup
Oreo Sludge Bars
Send private message to jaberwocky

Born 1980-04-16 Passaic, NJ to Carmelo and Sharon Lombardo. First child of 3. Lived most of his life in Wayne, NJ. Raised a barley practicing Polish Catholic, at age 12 he realised the belief in a god was delusional. His immediate family didn't really care about his religous beliefs one way or the other, and didn't require him to go to church the rare times the rest of the family did go. Some members of the extended family were shocked. His attitude toward these family members was: "Fuck 'em". Attended Wayne Valley HS where a stong interest in Physics was cultivated due in large part to Mr. Southway his Physics instructor. In 10th grade, he began to work on the school produced plays and musicals as a stage hand. During the rest of his HS career, he worked on the technical side of not less than 20 shows, usually doing construction and set moving. Went to New Mexico Institute on Mining and Technology in Socorro, NM to study physics. In October of 1998 (1 month after starting college) he was hired by Langmuir Lab to work on the Lighning Mapping Array project (a rough summary of the project is contained here: http://bat.nmt.edu/projects/2002/andy.html). After one year, he realized that advanced pure mathematics was very interesting and added Mathematics to his list of majors. Halfway though this year he started a relationship, his first, with a girl of like age who happened to be married. He feels that having had commited adultery as a first serious relationship is an unusual trait. They were together for about 18 months, when the husband came back to town from his Air Force training. The last few months of this relationship were spent apart, while he was working in Goodland, KS on a field program associated with his job for Langmuir. During his time with Langmuir, he did some computer programming on the Linux platform. The programming was primarily data analysis type stuff using Perl, IDL, and C. After about another year of college, his interest in physics fell away and he stopped taking Physics courses. He also was "let go" from the Langmuir job around this time. He has not yet actually dropped the Physics major, but does not plan on completing any undergraduate physics degree in the near future. At this time he fell into money problems and got a job at a local gas station and had to drop down to only going to school part-time.

More to come later, since this ends about 2 years ago right now.