Actor best known for his role as Joey Tribbiani in the mega hit TV show Friends.

Matt was born in Newton, MA on the 25th of July, 1967. After receiving his first motorcycle at age 8, Matt made his mind up that he wanted to be a professional racer. He started in competition, but his mother encouraged him to do something else. He followed her advice and eventually decided to become an actor (after considering construction).

"My mother is the most important thing in my life. I'm a mummy's boy and proud of it. Girlfriends come and go, but she's always there for me. All my drive and inspiration comes from my mum."

After graduating from high school, Matt moved to New York City with a mere $3,000. To pay the bills, he started modeling, but didn't like the spotlight centered on the clothes he was wearing. He started to do commercials and ended up doing some national spots for Heinz, Levi's, Coca-Cola, and Doritos. The Heinz ketchup commercial received the Golden Lion Award at the 1987 Cannes Film Festival.

"Modeling's all about the clothes anyway, I didn't want to stand still all day having my picture taken just to show off a jacket."

In 1988, Matt received his first television role on the series TV 101 and he moved to Los Angeles where he still lives today. Other major roles followed: Top of the Heap in 1991, Vinnie and Bobby in 1992, and The Killing Box in 1993. In 1994, he was cast in the show Friends which led to more roles in film including Lookin' Italian in 1994, Ed in 1996, Lost in Space in 1997, and Charlie's Angels in 2000. In 2000, Matt was also named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine.

"Sometimes I wish I was more vain. Most of the time I don't comb my hair, I don't shave and sometimes I don't even shower. If I was more vain I might look a whole lot better."

After the last season of Friends, a spinoff was created starring Matt's character Joey Tribbiani called Joey.

A much-needed nodeshell rescue