I am sick and tired of all the self-proclaimed "nice guys" complaining that they have no dates and that their ex-girlfriends were tyrrannical she-devils. Emasculated, codependent wimps with no backbone, opinions, ideas, or life outside of their relationships are NOT nice guys. They are hairy jellyfish.
Ew.

I have dated guys who could not understand WHY their last girlfriends jerked them around, then mercilessly dumped them. After all, these guys handed over their entire paychecks for girly shopping trips, did whatever she wanted whenever she wanted, ignored and alienated their friends to spend 24 hours a day with her (every day), and constantly kept some part of their body in contact with hers.
I have NEVER dated one of these guys for more than three days. How would YOU like it if someone's entire world hinged on you?

Guys, listen up. You've heard a lot about wifebeating jerks and the women who were scarred for life by them. That does not mean that bending over backwards to be the polar opposite of this is any better. Nice guys aren't wimpy guys.

Nice guys have opinions and ideas and hobbies and passions and lives. Nice guys don't drop everything to rush to their girl's side because she has a papercut. Nice guys compromise, and they say no when they need to. They sit around and drink beer, grunt, and do GUY things without worrying that they're turning into macho pigs (yes, I know men who HAVE worried about this after a night out with the guys). Nice guys nurture, but don't coddle. They do not spend 24 hours a day with their girlfriends. They have a sense of humor, are secure with themselves and in their relationships, and love realistically, not desperately. Nice guys like having a girlfriend but don't need to have one. Nice guys do not mutate into a scary two-headed himandher monster just because a girl likes them.

Nice guys kick ass.