I killt a lot of stuff today. Most of it was from nuke requests
There are some good noders going through their writeups and cleaning out the chaff. I think that's a good thing. thefez is doing it himself; i think others with that power might be too. It's a way to act as a good example, which is better than pedantry. But heck, after that (long, meticulous, bloody, bloody, bloody) killing spree - over a slow connection - i'm gonna get pedantic. So sit down and listen or cover your ears and run away. Your choice.
- E2 nuke request is not a -XP toilet. If people hate your node, or it is merely mediocre, figure out why and fix it. Better to turn it into a good node than to have an editor spending time trying to decide whether to kill it with or without XP loss. I mean, most people would try to correct a bad habit rather than kill their child. Right? Right? Or is it just me?
- Think before you node. Ok, i think i'm gonna stick with the childrearing metaphor i stumbled on. This node is attributed to you. Drunken noding (noding under the influence) or noding while really fucking stupid or noding in anger will get you stuck with a (possibly brain-damaged) node you may not want. A little thought will save you a trip to the clinic, you know what i mean?
Ok, my preaching ran out of steam. Just - listen, ok? If you're new, or not-so-new, and people start calling you a troll, and you're not
, try to understand why they think so. There are certain standards that are developing here. We respect good writing
and clear explanation
. And respect
If you are a troll, go away.
Oh, you wanna know what
i killed? Morbid curiosity? Voyeur? Aside from the user-requested ones..
- quine and talk mode, both by Twiin, both mercifully: duplicate of Jargon file entries, unattributed.
- Rock Opera, by everyone and broot. I can't remember why at this point, but i know did it without regret, or i'd remember a struggle with my conscience. My conscience is more ruthless than i am.
- sucject of scorn, by green42 (mercifully, i think it was a typo - it was empty)
- "really mean", by kimberlyc8. It was a baby-names translation of kimberly. One line. Maybe i just didn't get it.
And i cleaned up lots of misspellings, as is my wont. Hooray for that! I love you but you don't know how to spell...