Something interesting (or so I think) happened to me today. Someone shot something at me--either a bb or a bullet, not sure which. Perhaps more than one of whatever it was. I was walking towards my bus stop from a previous bus I had taken, and I heard a few sounds, kinda like a bb gun, but louder, from nowhere I could really tell. Looked around, didn't see anything I could identify as making the sound, walked to my bus stop, and waited. Heard the sound again (paired with the sound of cracking glass,) noticed the glass near me in the bus stop at about head level had just cracked a bunch, started walking to a different bus stop. It disturbed me a bit to know that someone would be shooting at me, and to think that there was a greater chance of my life ending at that time, but I remained pretty calm as I walked away. I'm really not sure what the deal was at the time, but a police car shortly drove through the area (perhaps the police presence saved my butt, don't know,) presumably just patrolling (the car didn't do much but pass by.) I suppose I could have handled the situation better (running may have been a better idea,) but there was a lot of traffic in my way at the time. I don't know what to say, or even to think about the situation. Guess I'm lucky to still be around. That particular situation did reveal to me, though, that I am not completely neutral on all things...apparently I have something against dying. I mean, I knew I'd try to avoid dying, because I have no clue what happens after death and I like to avoid things that aren't fun, but I didn't know I'd have any emotional involvement (after all, I don't know anything about death. It might be fun.) Not that its been bugging me horribly, but the whole thing's been weirding me out. I don't understand just what would make a person want to shoot me, even with a bb. I didn't think I bugged anybody all that much, and I never did understand what would drive a person to shoot someone they did not have something against. Perhaps this is a lacking in my own understanding. To think that someone might end my life without first establishing at least to themselves that it would improve things in some way bugs me. Something about it makes me a little sick, too, but I'm not yet sure what. I'm going to take a different bus route to/from school. Maybe me not being around there will help whoever it was. I'm pretty sure not being shot at will be good for me.

Its stuff like this that makes me want to appreciate the world (and people) around me as well as I can for the time I've got. Someday someone might get the jump on me, and they might just aim well enough. That gives me the shivers, possibly because I've been pampered most of my life, not sure.