Conscientious objectors are not freed from the responsibility of serving a country they do not want to serve or from furthering the destruction of another country and other human beings. Rather than allowing one to abdicate the right to participate, however indirectly, in the killing of others, the United States government permits conscientious objectors only two alternatives.

Any man who is deemed to be a conscientious objector by his local selective service board or appeal board must be either completely unwilling to serve in a military capacity or willing to serve in a noncombatant military capacity.

Noncombatants are still shipped off to wherever and forced to be a part of the military, but are not trained or assigned duties that include using weapons. In other words, you're still forced against your will to be a member of the armed services during wartime.

If you are unwilling to serve in any military capacity, you are forced into alternative service. In alternative service, conscientious objectors are forced against their will to take jobs that "make a meaningful contribution to the maintenance of the national health, safety, and interest." (http://www.sss.gov) In other words, you're forced against your will to support the will to destroy, conquer, harm, or kill another group of people.

If you refuse to participate in willful actions to harm another person or persons you are imprisoned.

Typical periods of involuntary servitude for conscientious objectors last twenty four months, equal to the amount of time that would have been served in the regular military.

Count on me leaving the country before killing another human being.