Worship the Comic is the second book of the web comic Sluggy Freelance by Pete Abrams. The comic began to be published online on August 25, 1997.

Worship the Comic was published in book form by Plan Nine Publishing in Thomasville, NC, and the first printing was done in September 1999. It is 160 pages long, and covers the span from Valerie to Vampires.


A synopsis of the book, along with the date each chapter began online:

Chapter 5: Valerie

The Search for Sam (3/23/98): The gang finally realizes that Sam is missing, and look for him. They find him and his... wife?!?
Robot Rampage (4/6/98): Bun-bun and Kiki take Riff's robot for a joy ride. Enter the Easter Bunny.
The Affair (4/20/98): Torg has a battle of conscience when he finds himself falling for Valerie, Sam's wife.

Chapter 6: Torg Goes to Hell

Torg Goes to Hell (4/27/98): Riff zaps Torg into the Dimension of Pain. Enter the DoP demons.
It's the Wrong Torg, Grommit! (5/10/98): Ah, the hazards of dimensional travel.

Chapter 7: Summer Vacation

A Slice of Sluggy Life (6/1/98): Zoe gets her report card, Aylee goes through several transformations, and Dr. Lorna fires Gwynn and Zoe.
Evil Technology and Worldly Ways (6/21/98): Bun-bun hijacks the gang's car and heads to Tijuana, but gets lost in Amish country.
Nags Head, North Carolina (6/28/98): Summer vacation, Fourth of July, and beach fun. Enter Jaya.
Bun-bun Marooned! (7/23/98): Bun-bun heads to Tijuana, Stick Figure Week, and Torgo of the Jungle.
Aylee Cocooned! (8/8/98): Torg can't admit that he misses Bun-bun, and Aylee comes out of her cocoon... Enter Mr. Sock-Lop.

Chapter 8: Vampires

It All Starts Here (8/28/98): A quick flow chart to catch everyone up, and off to the Vampire story.
Vampires (9/2/98): Torg has to decide whether to run away with Valerie, and everything goes to hell.


Sluggy Freelance Books:

Book 1: Is It Not Nifty?
Book 2: Worship the Comic
Book 3: When Holidays Attack!
Book 4: Game Called on Account of Naked Chick
Book 5: Yippy Skippy, The Evil!
Book 6: The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot
Book 7: A Very Big Bang!
Book 8: Fire and Rain


Sources: Worship the Comic by Pete Abrams, and http://sluggy.com