Hi ho, hi ho, to breath the smog I go!

Well, I decided today to head down to my very close friend's graduation. This means I have to head down to Los Angeles (the dreaded inferno) for the first time in over a year. One of my favorate quotes about LA is from The Onion (www.theonion.com): "Los Angelas, the place where dreams go to die." I suppose that is a bit harsh, but it seems that most of the people I knew down there were out of work . I think it was a good place to live for a while, but I don't think I would really want to live there again.

I am, actually, looking forward to it a great deal. There is a lot of really fun stuff to be done in Los Angeles. I am going to bring the manfriend with me, and we can roam around and visit random people. I wouldn't be surprised if all of my friends down there, who aren't in jail yet, are still around. I'll probably check out good 'ole MindLink in Pasadena too. (I used to work at EarthLink, unfortunately.) I decided to just rent a car to go down, it makes more sense than flying in, and then having transportation. This time, I won't even have to bribe anyone, as I am at that wonderful > 21 age.

I am not one hundred percent positive it will all work out, as I am not certain who my manager is, these days. None of the three people who could be my manager have protested my request to take Friday off yet, however.

Other than planning for LA, my day has been pretty mudane. I had some fun automating our installation program so that it does everything with no user-prompting at all, for massive network installs. That was about it, however.


I'm sorry if this writeup offended someone. I wasn't trying to insult anyone who likes Los Angeles, but I do feel entitled to my opinions. Most of the attitudes expressed in this writeup are sarcastic anyway.