user since
Tue Jan 3 2006 at 18:42:41 (18.3 years ago )
last seen
Thu Jan 11 2007 at 01:13:18 (17.3 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
mission drive within everything
To get people to be nice
specialties
publishing, publicity, public policy, pubs
school/company
The University Press of Kentucky
motto
Be nice (or when I'm a hypocrite, "Be nice, you vacuous fV(<!^@ redneck!")
Send private message to happy?

I am male. My name is Hap. I have lived for lots of years, but my hair is not gray yet (I was born back when the long-haired "freaks," those called "hip," were first in the news).

I like to read and write, and it has been this way for most of my time here on Earth, which is since I was born.

Oh, but when I was a young man, a big truck full of things that make one's heart start back up (I will call these things "D"s hence), the truck full of Ds came round the bend too fast and rolled, spilled, crashed. It rolled, which brought out the Ds, and thus spilled them on the street. The truck had crashed down the road, but lots of the Ds spilled on me. On me!

Oh, how it hurt! I was pinned, the Ds (and they weren't small) were all up on me. My head got cracked, my right arm and left leg too. It was so hard to see through the blood, but I saw all the folks run to the crashed truck--they saw the crash, but not who got hit by the spill (me).

I screamed, but there was more noise down there at the crash site than here at the spill site. I yelled once, twice, thrice, more: "There are Ds on me! There are Ds on me!"--at the time I used the whole word for D. But then I had yelled that too much, and I had lost too much blood, and my tongue got tied and I just could not say that word. That big, mean, hard-to-say word had done me wrong. I must have felt (and felt with some strength) much hate for big words right then. I had lost to big words, and my blood still left me, and then I slept.

When I woke, they had found me, and I was safe at the place where they heal the sick--the joint where they aimed to take those Ds in the first place, but my brain (or my soul?) was scarred on that day, and from that day to this it is still so.

Now I like just one sound per word. Words with more than one sound scare and hurt me, and bad. I can read words with two or more sounds per word if I take great care, but I can not say or write them, not even voice them to myself, or my brain hurts so so so bad.

This last bit is not true (the bit that starts with "Oh, but," and ends with "so so so bad.", but I do like to play with words. Words are fun!