When my diapers needed changing, when I cried all night long and kept them awake with worry when I was ill, they didn't drop me off any where.

When my mother wanted to go out and do things with her friends, or just have a day alone, she didn't because I was there and she had responsibilities and things that were much more important to her.. I was one of them.

My father did and still does get up every day at insanely early hours of the morning and trudges off to work, not because he wants to but because he has a family to support.

If it ever comes to the point where I have to decide between caring for my parents or handing them off to someone else so that I can "live my own life", I won't do it, not in a million years, I could never, would never be so infinitely selfish. They've been there for me, always, and I will always be there for them to the best of my ability. I don't care if I have to devote the majority of my time to them, it doesn't matter.. they deserve that and much much more. It will never be a burden, and if I ever start to think that it is.. well, I'll hope that someone slaps me with the hand of reality a few times.

Of course this will vary from person to person, from situation to situation, and so on, these are just my feelings on the matter. It seems inherently selfish to me when children force their parents into places they don't want to be simply because they don't want to take the time out of their precious little lives to take care of the very people that brought them into the world.

I can see people jumping all over me for this, but again, it will vary between people and everyone has a different type of relationship with their parents.