So we are all growing up it seems, in our own little corners of the world, far away or close and I thought of you a few times today. There are so many October babies in my life.

It is over here, your birthday, but you are far so you are still living it, right now and so I guess there is still time to scrawl down some words "in the moment" or at least in close proximity. I can write a billion words for a stranger but it is almost awkward to write anything for someone who means a lot to me for countless reasons. Here is how I have seen you..

You are this beautiful creature and it isn't just a physical sort of thing, glowing.. you are always glowing and full of emotion and that is so refreshing to me. There are many people in my life who stare blankly at the world, who stopped dreaming a long time ago. I sometimes think that you are how so many people should be.. always dreams and ideas and things that don't make sense to everyone who grew up so fast they still have remnants of the sandbox in their shiny dress shoes.

You are so cute, and no I am not hitting on you but you really, really are. All funny and sarcastic.. I have a lot of trouble getting close to people these days but you are comfortable.

I don't swim well. Not in water and definitely not in my own head.. I am always drowning and dramatic and there are never enough ears for anyone. You should know that you have found your way into the little bits of me that hold all the things and people I love and so I will always be there to listen, and to try and make the world a little softer, at least some of the time.

So I guess this is what I am trying to say.. I am so happy that at least one of us is going to be able to do what they need to do. And I am glad that there is at least one person who still knows how to follow a heart.

happy birthday, leetle l..