Well, I had my knee examined today. 5 years ago, I went to the doctor because of knee pain. I also told them about a huge freakin' lump I had on the back of my knee. They told me it was a baker's cyst. I have no idea what that is. I'm not a doctor. They told me it should be painless and I just had to do some flexibility exercises every day and the pain would go away in a few months. Well, I've been exercising for five years and now the pain has recently flared. I went to the doctor again, except this time I didn't go to the same bitchy old ornery doctor. I went to a doctor that I had been to before a couple times, and seemed to be nicer. Now this doctor, he can't tell you that you have a cold unless he first explains to you the history of the cold, what it is, how you got it, etc... So I told him about the pain and the cyst and he says, "Well, how do you get a cyst, specifically in the knee that is? It's a sac filled with fluid. In this case, joint fluid. Where did the fluid come from? There had to be some sort of injury or tear to the knee." I told him that I had had an MRI previously and he said, "Well, MRIs will usually pick up a tear to the miniscus, but they aren't perfect. But I'm sure it's not really big... So I'll just give you a recommendation to a different doctor, a prescription for extra strength pain killers, recommendation to radiology for X-rays, send you over for an MRI, and we might need to do some surgery to figure out what's wrong."

Nothing BIG?

I never even had my tonsils taken out, and this is nothing big?? They are going to cut my knee open and look around for a while! And plus I'm going to be laying down with my ass up in the air (with an open-backed gown) so they can look at the back of my knee.

There is one bonus though. They did inform me that I am going to get stoned off my rocker. I remember when I had my teeth pulled. They gave me nitrous oxide which lasted for about 4 hours when the pulling took about 15 minutes. And they don't wait for it to wear off, they just send you home immediately. So I was playing with my dog for a few hours and everything was just extra fun.
I will take this like a man.