Why do I love my man?
I love him because he is a geek.
I love him because he is honest and forthright.
I love him because his face looks different from every angle and in every mood.
I love him despite the fact that his hair is attempting to take over my house.
I love the fact that he cares enough about my kids to discipline them.
I love his laugh, even in the movie theater.
I love how excited he gets about movies and books, just like me.
I love the fact that we can disagree without fighting.
I love him because he tells me when I’m being a dumbass.
I love him because I can tell him when he’s being a dumbass and he doesn’t get mad.
I love him because I know how to get his goat, and he knows how to get mine, and neither of us means it.
I love him because he is honest about even the things that are hard to talk about.
I love him because he is courageous enough to tell me how he feels.
I love him because he makes me talk about the things I don’t want to talk about and he won’t let me wimp out.
I love him because he is jealous of my old boyfriends (and incidentally, I’m jealous of HIS past history too).
I love him because he tries to cheer me up when I don’t want to be cheered up.
I love him because he can hold me and just be there for me when there is nothing else that will help.
I love that he wants me as much as I want him.
I love the fact that he didn’t take the easy way out and tell me he loved me before it was true, and the fact that we could talk about it and agree on it.
I love that he likes my cooking.
I love him because he goes out with me and the kids and does dull family stuff and seems to enjoy it.
I love him because he thinks about me when we’re not together.
I love the fact that we get each other’s jokes and groan at each other’s horrible puns.
I love the fact that we each have favorite books and movies we HAVE to show the other.
I love the fact that we like each other’s friends.
I love him because he makes me smile whenever I think about him.
I love that we can lie around reading and consider it quality time.
I love that he likes the garb I make for him.
I love him because he makes me feel safe.
I love him because he worries about me.
I love that he says I’m good for his ego in bed.
I love him despite the fact that he is totally merciless in bed.
I love that I can at least wrestle him to a standstill, and that I know where all his ticklish spots are.
I love that we can’t kiss without getting all hot and bothered.
I love him because he is himself, without compromise.

I'm going to miss you, baby, but it won't be for long - you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. I love you.
August 9, 2002