It's been forever, it seems, since I've written a daylog. Some people would say that that is no reason to post one, but I would beg to differ. Daylogs are where I get to be me without facts, and that's something worth doing. People make everything2 happen, and I want to share who and what I am.

Not that E2 doesn't need factual, semi-encyclopaedic content, of course. It's very important that a signifigant portion of the database is usable for reference. It's also very important that fiction and poetry are entered in as well. Everything2 needs to be, well, everything. However, there seems to be a certain stigma against daylogs, and fiction/poetry to a lesser extent. Vote Dumping grounds, places for people to mindlessly upvote or downvote, not really caring, or worse, downvoting on principle, not on quality.

I was accosted some weeks ago when I posted April 17, 2007 with "don't display in new writeups" unchecked.(Apology Accepted, and it's all good.) It was the title of the story, and it belongs under that title as much as the eventual daylogs placed in that slot. The daylog is a special kind of node, yes. But that doesn't mean that content other than a daylog can't be placed in it, with the expectance of not being treated with a daylog. If my writeup had to do with a historical event or a major breakthrough in science or whathaveyou, I probably wouldn't have had anyone say anything. But it was fiction, another portion of E2 that's "fringe" as far as people caring for/about it.

People state that they solemnly swear that 90% of their writeups will be factual. I find this to be a silly goal, now. Make as many factual writeups as you can, I won't say otherwise. Facts are great, but they are more like the skeleton of E2. The fiction, the poetry, the rants, the opinions, and the precious daylogs are the skin and muscle, that which gives movement and ability to it. We don't wanna be wikipedia, do we? Wikipedia is a bunch of bones. We're more.

I solemnly swear that 90% of my writeups will make E2 a better place.