This is a silly litle short story I came up with, after some acid and 1942.

Once again, I have awoken strapped into the cockpit of this plane. My eyes pried open, my hands glued to this control pad. I remember nothing before this. I live only for destruction. They just want to dance with us I am the winged angel over the pacific, and these japanese zeros on the horizon are sinners to be cleansed. What exactly are they guilty of? I can't remember anymore. It makes my head hurt, and there are more important things to worry about.
We engage, and the first group of fighters breaks left. I bank, and lead appropriately with my guns. I mash the red button marked B. I can almost hear their nonsensical cries of rage as my cannons work their way across their formation. One, then the next, then another plane explodes in a hail of lead and gas and flames and metal. I hear whistling coming from somewhere.
No time for hallucinations, there's another squadron coming right at me. This time, they fan off to either side of me, and execute evasive maneuvers, firing the whole time. yellow and black shot pulses past me. I wonder what we must look like to the islanders below. What islands are these, anyhow? I've never seen any maps of this area.shut up. no time for this. Destroy them!
I return to my senses in time to see three pulsating balls heading towards me. Not enough time to dodge them. I slide my thumb over to the button marked A, and prepare for evasive maneuvers. The G forces almost rip the controller out of my hand, but my intensive training has once again paid off. I loop straight up and head back down without a nick on my fighter. Composure returned, I immediately return fire. Three of theirs go down, and the rest fly past.
They're not your enemies. Look, they're dancing. Like butterfliesno. they're angry bees. they want to sting you! DESTROY THEM!!! More whistles.
And then there is only droning. I can hear it through the cockpit glass even before the air fortress drops out of the cloud cover. Armored like an armadillo, bristling with guns like a angry porcupine. It saunters in front of me, shrugging off my gunfire like a bear shrugs off mosquitoes and spitting cannonballs and heavy artillery rounds like an incontinent man at a chili cookoff.
I zig when I should have zagged, and find myself in the line of fire. I know it's too late, but I reach the A button. There is a cannonball meters away from the nose of the plane. I can see the imperfections in the surface, warping my reflection. My expression is surprisingly serene, for somebody facing imminent death and then it's over, without a sound from me. My plane does all of the vocalising for me. glass shatters, my involuntary muscle spasms fire off a few rounds before the fuselage explodes, flames roaring, engine whining as it sinks into the ocean and the nameless islands below. finally, peace.
Once again, I have awoken strapped into the cockpit of this plane. My eyes pried open, my hands glued to this control pad. I remember nothing before this.I live only for destruction. They just want to dance with us