I'm a big fan of pushin' niceness, so I was glad for the opportunity to highlight the character of one of the most lovable curmudgeons here that I know: dannye. At the risk of invoking his wrath, I am dedicating this daylog to him. For the record, this is entirely and one hundred percent sincere, so those of you who think I'm being a cheeky brat or taking the piss... well, seven times out of ten you'd be right, but today you are very, very wrong.

For those of you who haven't managed to speak with him, I assure you that once you get past his alleged surly exterior, beneath you will find a dear heart. He is probably going to kill me for that, but he has only himself to blame for exposure - he has shown us again and again that he is a good, decent person.

Fact: Even if you don't have the opportunity to speak to him, all you have to do is dig a little into his massive pile of contributions and find the dannye I'm talking about right before you. This man has led a pretty damn full life, and I am willing to bet he hasn't told a tenth of his stories. I am also willing to bet these stories are definitely worth hearing about.

But if you're too tired or lazy to do some digging, I've taken the time to find a few gems for you. They're planted all inside this little missive of mine.

He is an only child.
He is a very proud father.
He's been married for years.
Did I mention he has lots of stories?
He has plenty left to teach us.
Seriously.
He himself is still learning.

He is worth your time.