I'm calling this pseudo
, since I'm pretty sure balsamic vinegar
and olive oil
as ingredients. Still, the basic
idea comes from the many types of bean salad
known in the region, bastardized by Martha Stewart
or one of her
many clones and optimized by Mom
. Getting to the point...
- Open cans, drain out liquids and dump
contents in a large bowl.
- Dice the onion finely. If the onion is tear-inducingly strong,
you may wish to slice it up and soak the slices in
water for a few minutes before proceeding. Add to bowl.
- If you have celery or bell pepper on hand,
chop 'em up and add in. The salad will be just fine
without them though.
- Mix together dressing ingredients. Pour into bowl
and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Stir in chopped cilantro (if you feel like it)
. Easy to prepare at a moment's notice,
since all obligatory
ingredients (except the onion) are
canned. Keeps for at least a week in the
refrigerator and is particularly excellent for